Office Specialist III
- University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
- San Bernardino, CA
- October 1, 2019
- Save for later
Office Specialist III
OFFICE SPECIALIST III
CENTER FOR ENHANCEMENT OF MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY ENTERPRISES CORPORATION AT CSUSB
(Not a State Job)
Temporary, “non-exempt” benefited position through June 30, 2020 (appointment may be renewed annually based upon available funding, availability of work and satisfactory job performance)
Salary: $3,120 - $4,506.58 per month.
Work Schedule: Up to 40 hours per week, Schedule to be arranged.
Under the general supervision of the Director, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the support of individual projects as assigned and overseeing the completion of tasks assigned to student assistants. Duties include supporting professional development workshops and institutes while providing direct support to the instructors. The incumbent will update/maintain accurate and complete records/filing system including electronic filing of scanned and other documents in accordance with CEME office procedures, respond to telephone inquiries, perform reception duties, maintain project web sites and Google sites, create fliers for upcoming events, prepare and track receipt of seminar and institute materials, send reminders to participants, and coordinate various aspects of the projects by keeping track of registrations, reserving rooms, and setting up catering. Under the general supervision of the Director, the incumbent will ensure that various tasks assigned to student assistants are completed in a timely manner. The incumbent will enter and track participant information in various databases, track project participation, and keep detailed records of data for research aspects of the grant. The incumbent will also be responsible for purchasing, process financial paperwork, tracking expenses for the projects, financial reporting, and managing the budgeting process for the project. The incumbent will help to ensure that project divisions are achieving their budget and cost share goals. The incumbent will perform all other duties as assigned.
- degree is preferred or applicants should have a background that is equivalent of an Associate degree or higher equivalent and at least four years of office/clerical related experience. Applicants must be well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and preferably FileMaker Pro, Drupal, Contribute and Google sites. Applicants must communicate orally and in writing tactfully, clearly, efficiently and effectively. Applicants should preferably have some experience working with data and data management. Applicants must show evidence of a working knowledge and implementation of usual office methods, procedures and practices, as well as the ability to operate standard office equipment. Applicants must possess the ability to coordinate multiple tasks, follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, determine priorities, set deadlines, complete projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines. Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with a diverse group of people. Applicants must have a strong ability to organize and prioritize work and be able to independently make decisions on a day-to-day basis. Applicants must have a working knowledge of QuickBooks (or equivalent) accounting software. Experience using PeopleSoft is preferred. Applicants must have a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. A resume/CV; and three reference letters, including names, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
- Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement
- CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Personal Holiday
- Vacation accruals
- Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance - Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.