Computer Field/Network Engineer
- Newberry Group
- Fairfax, VA
- September 17, 2019
- Save for later
Newberry Group's Public Sectors Division has an immediate need for a Computer Field/Network Engineer
Who We Are…
Today’s leading government agencies and public organizations are putting their trust in Newberry Group, and for good reason. As one of the few employee-owned IT firms in the United States, the strength of our cybersecurity offering is a direct reflection of our employee owners.
- We bring clients results through proven solutions.
- We are recognized experts in cybersecurity.
- We are motivated to create “Cyber strength from the inside out” with every employee and client.
- We bring ethical behavior, professional excellence, and uncompromised integrity to achieve client, individual, and corporate goals.
Newberry Group is a nation-wide IT company providing government and management consulting, in addition to commercial IT managed services and support.
The applicant must be self-motivated, outgoing and a Team player. You will be working directly with our Tier 1 Service Desk to provide them with guidance and support. Additionally, you will engage directly with clients in the field, via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams as a Tier 2 escalation point. You will also be responsible for executing against work plans to deploy, configure, and implement solutions within the client environment. Local travel is required in and around the Baltimore – Washington DC metro area.
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific responsibilities include the following competencies:
- Tier 2 triage and resolution within established response times.
- Project-based work against firm deadlines.
- Troubleshooting network, server, and computer system problems remotely and in the field
- Deploying computers and systems to client networks, either remotely, onsite or in a Cloud-based scenario
- Documenting troubleshooting steps and resolutions within a ticketing system
- Ability to expand your current knowledge base and skill set to incorporate new technologies
- Local travel on a daily basis in and around the Baltimore-Washington DC metro area.
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
Active Directory. MS Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Office applications, all modern versions of Microsoft Server and desktop, IP Networking to include network device (firewall, switch, etc) and workstation/printer configuration and troubleshooting, Critical thinking, Problem Solving, ability to work on your own.
- Minimum 3 years experience in required skills listed above
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred or certified technical training preferred.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Must be able to work weekends and after-hours as necessary.
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written).
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure against deadlines.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, Linux, Ethernet wiring skills, Wi-Fi access point and endpoint configuration and troubleshooting.
Benefits and Perks
- In addition to competitive wages, Newberry Group offers an outstanding benefit package. This includes medical coverage with two plan options (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision coverage, personal time off, paid holidays, telecommuting if available, retirement savings accounts (Pre Tax and Roth), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), flexible and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, tuition and training reimbursement, employee assistance program, and a generous rewards based wellness program.
The Newberry Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans.
Newberry Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.