Assistant Director of External Relations (ADER) Strength United.
- CSUN -the University Corporation
- Northridge, CA
- November 14, 2019
- Save for later
Under the direction of the Executive Director for Strength United and in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Development, the Assistant Director of External Relations (ADER) for Strength United will work in partnership with center, University Advancement, and the Michael D. Eisner College of Educations Development team.
- Identify qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts of $10,000 or more by making at least 120 donor visits, submitting at least 20 well-positioned solicitations of $10,000 or more, and closing at least 5 gift commitments valued at $10,000 for a total to be determined on an annual basis. Current initiatives of note include general operating support and naming opportunities, funding for client legal support, prevention efforts with local middle, and high schools, the men’s support group “Project Fatherhood” and scholarships for CSUN student training.
- Oversee and organize special cultivation and fundraising events for the center. Foster a culture of philanthropy among staff and volunteers.
- Ensure best practices and procedures are followed related to data management and prospect management. Maintain a culture of communication with the center, advancement, donors and volunteers
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university or college, master's degree preferred.
- Equivalent of two (2) years of professional fundraising experience in a university development program, non-profit organization or equivalent experience, preferably in an environment with a focus on business.
- Experience working successfully with individuals, Boards of Directors, and Board committees, preferably in the Los Angeles philanthropic community, with a demonstrated track record of successfully closing gifts in a competitive, sophisticated donor environment.
- Must have a valid CA driver license
- Must pass a Criminal Clearance
To view the full posting and apply online, please visit: http://www.csun.edu/careers/
Apply as “External Candidate" and then select Assistant Director of External Relations (Job Id 8578)
For more information regarding our company
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
Equal Employment OpportunityThe University Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.