Accounts Payable Specialist
- Cambridge , MA
- November 7, 2019
- Save for later
Accounts Payable Specialistat OpenBiome
OpenBiome is the world's first stool bank—a nonprofit organization that is expanding safe access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) and driving groundbreaking clinical research on the human microbiome.
Since launching in 2013 out of MIT, our stool banking service has redefined the standard of care for an emerging field of medicine. When we began, only a handful of clinicians offered FMT, a treatment that has an 85% cure rate for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. Today we support FMT programs at over 1,000 medical centers across all 50 states. OpenBiome has delivered more than 50,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile infection, radically improving the lives of thousands of patients that lack treatment alternatives.
OpenBiome has also emerged as a leading independent research organization. We have developed a pill formulation for FMT, published more than 20 scholarly works and enabled the launch of 30+ clinical trials in indications spanning autoimmune disease, infectious disease, malnutrition, metabolic disease, and obesity, and neuropsychiatric disease, to identify opportunities for microbiome-based health interventions. The research that we enable is at the vanguard of understanding how the microbes in our bodies shape major public health challenges.
We seek an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our finance team. This role is responsible for managing invoice and expense approvals, validating invoices for payment, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L, and processing check and EFT payments.
This position will be a full-time salaried position with competitive salary and benefits. OpenBiome is located between Porter Square (Cambridge) and Davis Square (Somerville).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts Payable Specialist will:
- Review and process all purchase orders, invoices and expense reports:
- Verify all transactions have the proper back up, are properly coded and approved by the appropriate department manager
- Handle weekly check and ACH payments
- Assist vendors, accounting staff and internal company employees with vendor payment inquiries
- Maintain records for new and existing vendors
- Coordinate the research of stale dated checks and ensure the appropriate follow-up action is taken
- Responsible for the retrieval, organization, and maintenance of W9 and for all vendors to ensure compliance with 1099 reporting; process annual 1099 forms
- Assist with account reconciliations, month end close and annual audit support
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience
- High School / GED required, Associates (or higher) degree in related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and customer service skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member in an open office
- Familiarity with accounting programs and software (preferred)
- Strong prioritization and problem - solving skills
- Organized, detail oriented, and professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; familiarity with Abila and Microix accounting software are preferred
OpenBiome is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.